What is more personal on Mother’s Day than a gift you make yourself? Mom won’t miss those flowers when you give her a Pop-Up Bouquet Card. It’s easy to make and allows kids to be creative. Best of all, by using recyclable paper, you’re helping the environment.
The I Love You a Bunch! Mother’s Day Card lets kids have fun drawing with colored markers and getting their hands dirty with purple paint. Made with recyclable card stock, this colorful card is also eco-friendly.
Adults like to make their own Mother’s Day cards too. The Brown Paper Bag Card with colorful ribbon is easy to make. Glitter can be sprinkled on for a more decorative effect.
Pop-up Bouquet Card
Brightly colored craft paper
Plain White Paper with no lines
Your favorite colored markers
Glue 1. Take a piece of the colored paper and cut a 7 by 4 inch rectangle and a 4 by 1 ½ inch rectangle. Turn the small rectangle so that the short edges face the
sides. Take a colored marker and draw a flower vase in the center.
2. Draw roses with broad stems and leaves on the white paper. Cut them out and glue the fronts of the leaves and stems to the other side of the vase.
3. When glue is thoroughly dry, crease the vase and bouquet vertically. Take the small rectangle and fold back the short sides, about ½ inch from the edge.
Next, fold the large rectangle in half, crease, and reopen.
4. Center your bouquet on top of the opened card and glue the side tabs of the small rectangle to the card. Take a brightly colored marker and print a special
message to mom inside.
I Love You a Bunch Mother’s Day Card
Recyclable card stock
Medium size carrot with top removed
Colored Marker 1. Take marker and print out the grape leaf pattern.
2. Draw little smiling faces on each grape.
3. Fold the card in half and write your message to Mom inside.
Brown Paper Bag Card
Brown Paper from a grocery bag
Colored Marker 1. Cut the shape you desire from the brown paper
2. Using a hole punch, make an even number of holes around the edges of card.
3. String Ribbon through the holes
4. Tie the ends in a bow,
5. Write your desired message on the card.